Individuals & Businesses
Our office represents individuals who face a wide range of workplace related employment law issues such as:
- Discrimination and harassment based on age, race, national origin, sex (including sexual harassment), religion, sexual orientation, pregnancy and physical or mental disabilities
- Hostile work environments
- Post-employment restrictions (non-competition and non-solicitation agreements)
- Severance agreements
- Employment agreements
- Reductions in force
- Independent contractor issues
- Claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and New York Labor Law for unpaid wages, overtime, commissions or unlawful deductions
- Whistleblower claims
- Mediation and arbitration
- Leaves of absence under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act
We provide business clients with counseling and advice in all manner of workplace issues and we acts as, in effect, human resources counsel. Mr. Adler routinely advises businesses with respect to:
- Drafting all manner of employment-related agreements including offer letters, employment contracts and severance agreements
- Employee handbooks, policies and procedures
- Drafting and enforcing post-employment restrictive covenants such as non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Compliance with federal, state and local laws prohibiting harassment and discrimination and defense of such claims before courts and administrative agencies
- Wage and hour compliance under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and New York Labor Law and related litigation
- Compliance with a diverse array of complex workplace statutes and regulations such as the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Advising employers on discipline and termination issues
- Providing training on employment law topics such as harassment and discrimination avoidance and documenting and imposing disciplinary action
Top notch service
In dealing with my professional complaint, against a large company with deep pockets, they represented my claim aggressively and with the utmost professionalism. I was completely satisfied with the end result, and would, and do reccomend Russell's services to anyone.
Professional, organized and fair. The entire case was an emotional roll coaster and from start to finish Russell Adler always had my back. He fought for me on all aspects of my case!
Top notch professional
Russell recently handled my lawsuit against a former employer. I was apprehensive about pursuing the lawsuit but Russell came highly recommended. He was honest with me regarding my chances of winning the case if I chose to proceed which immediately eased my apprehension. Russell clearly communicated each step in the process to me, providing updates and advice to me on a timely and consistent basis. Having that guidance and feedback helped make an extremely difficult situation less stressful for me. Russell worked incredibly hard to provide me with a fair outcome and I could not be more pleased with the result. I am so thankful for his efforts and would recommend Russell in a heartbeat to anyone who may require legal counsel for any labor related issue.
I am delighted how Russ Adler resolved my case!. Highly recommend.
Russ Adler represented me in a sexual harassment lawsuit against my former boss. His demeanor, resourcefulness, extensive knowledge of employment law, professionalism and unwavering support gave me the ability to cope during this emotional and difficult process. Russ was always available and fully updated me on the status of my case at all times. Every piece of advice and direction he gave me was spot on. I cannot say enough about Russ and I am so grateful for his strong leadership and consistency. In the end, I am absolutely delighted with how my matter was resolved and highly recommend Russ without reservation. He is the best!
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:||9:00am - 6:00pm|
- New York City Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association