Mr. Adler represents employers and employees in cases involving employment discrimination, contractual disputes, wage and hour issues (e.g., overtime, unpaid wages, commissions, and employee misclassification), post-employment covenants not to compete / non-solicitation agreements and a variety of other employment-related claims.
We litigate claims before state and federal administrative agencies, private arbitration forums and in state or federal court and Mr. Adler is admitted to practice in courts in New York and New Jersey.
In addition to litigation, our office routinely provides advice and counsel on challenging employment law issues such as drafting and interpreting employment policies and procedures, internal investigations, employee discipline and termination, leaves of absence, reasonable accommodation and independent contractor compliance.
Prior to forming his own firm, Russell practiced law for 13 years at national firms with well-regarded labor and employment groups. Mr. Adler has authored and co-authored articles on labor and employment topics of interest in national publications including, for example:
• The New York Law Journal: “Construction Industry Fair Play Act: An End to Independent Contractors?”
• Employment Law Strategist: “ “Whistleblower Retaliation Claims under the Dodd-Frank Act.”
• HR Specialist: “ “EEOC Age Bias: Update on ‘Reasonable Factors Other than Age”
• Industry Week: “ “Non-Competes Can Be Worth More Than the Paper They Are Written On”
• Workforce.com: “ “Practical Tips for Providing Post-Employment References”
• Workforce Management: “ “Troubling Legal Twist: The Interplay of Unlawful Employee Internet Use and Workplace Torts”
• The Legal Intelligencer: “ “Supreme Court Decision Narrows the Playing Field”
• Metropolitan Corporate Counsel: “ “Unlawful Employee Internet Use: Is it Your Company’s Problem?”
• Andrews Litigation Reporter: “ “Key Second Circuit Case Broadens ADA Claims for Mental Disability But Imposes Narrow Standard for Relief”
• New York, New Jersey
• Southern District of New York
• Eastern District of New York
• District of Connecticut
• Saint John’s University School of Law, J.D. 1999Cum Laude
• State University of New York at Albany, B.A. 1994
Mr. Adler is a member of the following organizations:
• New York State Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section; Workers Rights and Responsibilities Committee)
• New York City Bar Association
• National Employment Lawyers Association
Top notch service
In dealing with my professional complaint, against a large company with deep pockets, they represented my claim aggressively and with the utmost professionalism. I was completely satisfied with the end result, and would, and do reccomend Russell's services to anyone.
Professional, organized and fair. The entire case was an emotional roll coaster and from start to finish Russell Adler always had my back. He fought for me on all aspects of my case!
Top notch professional
Russell recently handled my lawsuit against a former employer. I was apprehensive about pursuing the lawsuit but Russell came highly recommended. He was honest with me regarding my chances of winning the case if I chose to proceed which immediately eased my apprehension. Russell clearly communicated each step in the process to me, providing updates and advice to me on a timely and consistent basis. Having that guidance and feedback helped make an extremely difficult situation less stressful for me. Russell worked incredibly hard to provide me with a fair outcome and I could not be more pleased with the result. I am so thankful for his efforts and would recommend Russell in a heartbeat to anyone who may require legal counsel for any labor related issue.
I am delighted how Russ Adler resolved my case!. Highly recommend.
Russ Adler represented me in a sexual harassment lawsuit against my former boss. His demeanor, resourcefulness, extensive knowledge of employment law, professionalism and unwavering support gave me the ability to cope during this emotional and difficult process. Russ was always available and fully updated me on the status of my case at all times. Every piece of advice and direction he gave me was spot on. I cannot say enough about Russ and I am so grateful for his strong leadership and consistency. In the end, I am absolutely delighted with how my matter was resolved and highly recommend Russ without reservation. He is the best!
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:||9:00am - 6:00pm|
- New York City Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association