Mr. Adler represents employers and employees in cases involving employment discrimination, contractual disputes, wage and hour issues (e.g., overtime, unpaid wages, commissions, and employee misclassification), post-employment covenants not to compete / non-solicitation agreements and a variety of other employment-related claims.
We litigate claims before state and federal administrative agencies, private arbitration forums and in state or federal court and Mr. Adler is admitted to practice in courts in New York and New Jersey.
In addition to litigation, our office routinely provides advice and counsel on challenging employment law issues such as drafting and interpreting employment policies and procedures, internal investigations, employee discipline and termination, leaves of absence, reasonable accommodation and independent contractor compliance.
Prior to forming his own firm, Russell practiced law for 13 years at national firms with well-regarded labor and employment groups. Mr. Adler has authored and co-authored articles on labor and employment topics of interest in national publications including, for example:
• The New York Law Journal: “Construction Industry Fair Play Act: An End to Independent Contractors?”
• Employment Law Strategist: “ “Whistleblower Retaliation Claims under the Dodd-Frank Act.”
• HR Specialist: “ “EEOC Age Bias: Update on ‘Reasonable Factors Other than Age”
• Industry Week: “ “Non-Competes Can Be Worth More Than the Paper They Are Written On”
• Workforce.com: “ “Practical Tips for Providing Post-Employment References”
• Workforce Management: “ “Troubling Legal Twist: The Interplay of Unlawful Employee Internet Use and Workplace Torts”
• The Legal Intelligencer: “ “Supreme Court Decision Narrows the Playing Field”
• Metropolitan Corporate Counsel: “ “Unlawful Employee Internet Use: Is it Your Company’s Problem?”
• Andrews Litigation Reporter: “ “Key Second Circuit Case Broadens ADA Claims for Mental Disability But Imposes Narrow Standard for Relief”
• New York, New Jersey
• Southern District of New York
• Eastern District of New York
• District of Connecticut
• Saint John’s University School of Law, J.D. 1999Cum Laude
• State University of New York at Albany, B.A. 1994
Mr. Adler is a member of the following organizations:
• New York State Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section; Workers Rights and Responsibilities Committee)
• New York City Bar Association
• National Employment Lawyers Association